Saturday, February 23, 2008

A raft of comix old and new on a cold February day

In 1977 I was sitting in my studio the day Elvis died, and was inspired to make a comix in honor of the event. It was the first time I had done the multipanel thing. I liked it and continued to do it for a few years. In 1981 my brother-in-law Dana Rotegard fronted the money to publish a book I called Bozo Soofi Mystical Instruction Comix : Propaganda for the Sleepers. A copy of it was on Art Speigelman's coffee table for a while in the early 80's. It was reviewed in a few places and was included in the collector's guide to American underground comix in 1984, which resulted in selling quite a few copies to collectors. I decided to upload a few of the panels here today to share the damn things.

Also, I started drawing again for the first time in over 20 years. I include one of my recent "new improved" Bozo Soofi comix at the end of this group.

If for some reason you want a copy of the book (11 x 14 inch, coated paper, black and white, signed by the author, first edition) it is available from me for $30 plus $6 shipping etc. You can get three for free shipping. There are only a few dozen left from an original print run of 2000 so act fast. C'mon, act faster. Faster!

No comments: